- Historic Oamaru emphasises the historical background of Oamaru and Waitaki.
- Tourism Waitaki – eco tourism and heritage attractions
- Waitaki District Council
- The Ahuriri Resource Trust has initiated a recycling programme in three Waitaki Valley towns – Kurow, Otematata, and Omarama.
- Twizel is a service and tourist town in the Mackenzie Basin.
- Omarama Weather – if you want to know what the extremes were – check out the Omarama website courtesy of Gary:
- Find out about New Zealand’s highest mountain, Aoraki/Mt Cook.
- The Mackenzie District Council
- A To Z provides a guide to New Zealand attractions.
- Read about Jeremy and Janette’s tour of the South Island (the weather is usually much better here!).
- New Zealand Tourism Online – New Zealand’s most comprehensive online directory of tourism and travel companies.
- Waitaki First Inc. was established to oppose Project Aqua and thereby protect the lower reaches of the Waitaki River.
- Meridian Energy – local power company responsible for running the dams in the Waitaki area.
- Project Aqua – Meridian Energy’s controversial proposal to build a canal at Kurow diverting water from the Waitaki River through six hydro-electric power stations.